faq: parking options
where can i park?
- Every year, TNAF organizers compile a list of primarily free parking options in the neighbourhood surrounding Central Park. The list is posted on this page approximately 2-3 weeks prior to the festival.
- Artists are strongly encouraged to arrange to be dropped off & picked up at the park to leave more parking for visitors. If you are from Ottawa and have a friend who lives in the Glebe, see if you can borrow their driveway for the weekend.
will TNAF pay for my parking ticket?
- TNAF is not responsible for city on-street parking and will not pay for any parking tickets, even those issued to artists who are exhibiting at the festival.
- Be aware that the city sends a parking by-law officer to patrol the neighbourhood throughout the ENTIRE festival. This is due to complaints received in previous years from neighbours about parking that blocked driveways and emergency vehicles.
- Ticketing will continue throughout the festival for ANY car parked unlawfully at any time, including during loading and unloading of vehicles.
how can i make loading & unloading easier?
- Set your belongings on the sidewalk and move your car before ferrying everything to your park space.
- Bring a helper for festival weekend and you won't regret it! A helpful friend makes loading and unloading your car twice as fast. This helps everyone get their cars in and out of the loading areas that much faster. A friend also keeps you company and allows you to take breaks so you can visit all the other amazing displays, as well as the bathroom, as much as you want.
does TNAF have designated handicap parking?
- The festival is located in a park in a residential neighbourhood and all parking is located on-street or in local parking lots. As such, there is no designated handicap parking.