faq: festival weekend (info for exhibiting artists)
when do I set up?
- In order to respect the park's neighbours and our permit regulations, noise and activity in the park cannot begin before 7 a.m.
- Festival staff will be onsite to ensure that participants are set up in their correct pre-assigned spots, and are respecting the size of their space and the spaces of their neighbours
do I need to bring my own display equipment?
- Visit our tent & display info page for more details
will there be washrooms?
- Portable facilities will be available onsite, as well as hand-washing stations
will there be food, water and coffee?
- Delicious food and coffee supplied by local vendors will be available for sale throughout the park. A water station is located in the upper park (near Clemow). Help reduce waste by bringing your water bottle and reusable mug!
can I leave artwork in the park overnight?
- At the end of the day on Saturday, all artwork must be removed from the park. Booths, shelving units and very large heavy objects can be left behind.
- There will be security in the park overnight. Despite this, artwork left by participants at their own risk has unfortunately been damaged in the past.
- The New Art Festival is not responsible for any items left overnight (including the above mentioned)
- Camping is not permitted in the park
what about clean-up?
- All participants are responsible for cleaning their own area
- Please bring a garbage bag as you are required to take your garbage home with you. Garbage cans are for the use of visitors only.
- TNAF takes pride in our low carbon footprint, which includes limiting waste. Help us keep our event green!
what if it is raining?
- The festival will go ahead unless the weather is catastrophic. Please prepare to protect yourself and your artwork in the event of rain. Be sure to bring plastic sheets or tarps. TNAF does not provide tents.
- Reminder: booths installed at 10 a.m. are not permitted to strike camp before 5 p.m. Once you are set up, you are committed for the duration of the event. Artists agree to this stipulation in the Terms of Participation when completing the online application form.
- In the event of rain (or intense sun), there will be no refunds